The Hotel: Rydges Port Macquarie
Boasting an enviable waterfront location, Rydges Port Macquarie is a 4.5*-star hotel set in the heart of CBD. Halfway between Sydney and Brisbane, it makes for a perfect getaway spot, with a myriad of natural attractions, whale watching cruises, beaches and outdoor activities to keep holidaymakers entertained. City attractions, like theatres, galleries, restaurants, wineries, boutiques and bars are at guests’ hands’ reach. Those who would rather stay on site and relax can make use of the outdoor heated pool, spa and fitness centre.
Groupies can cool off and make themselves at home in the air-conditioned rooms with Smart TVs, desks and coffee- and tea-making facilities. When the time for treats comes, head to Zebu Bar & Grill offering Australian coastal cuisine creations, steaks, pizzas and more.
Standard King or Twin Room
- One King Rydges Dream Bed
- Standard occupancy: two people
- The room features a town view (no balcony), desk, flat-screen TV, minibar and complimentary Wi-Fi
Superior King Room
- One King/Split Rydges Dream Bed
- Standard occupancy: two people* The room comes with a desk, flat-screen TV, minibar, complimentary Wi-Fi and a view of the Hastings River (no balcony)
The Area: Port Macquarie, NSW
Port Macquarie, NSW The city of Port Macquarie is just 2 and a half hours north of Newcastle. Three patrolled beaches can be found along the stretch of coastline, with gorgeous local beaches in between offering plenty of fishing, surfing and sailing opportunities. When not enjoying the crystal clear waters, travellers can keep themselves busy with bushwalking, river cruises, four-wheel driving, Theatre at The Glasshouse and horse riding.