The Hotel: Leafield Cottages
With its weatherboard buildings and acres of sweeping gardens, Leafield Cottages oozes country charm and provides a scenic backdrop for romantic getaways for loved-up couples. With just three self-contained cottages making up the accommodation, Guests experience ultimate privacy in their cosy retreats complete with wood fires and electric blankets for ultimate warmth.
The cottages are tastefully decorated and come complete with both TVs and reading material for guests to choose their mode of relaxation. Guests can stretch their legs on a wander around the property, keeping eyes open for wildlife that frequent the gardens. In the warmer months, guests enjoy a dip in the pool or fire up the BBQ for an outdoor dinner amongst nature.
- One queen bed
- Maximum occupancy: Two people (adults only)
- Private en-suite bathroom, air conditioning, wood heater, flat-screen TV, DVD and CD player
Twin Share Cottage
- Queen beds
- Maximum occupancy: Two people
- Queen bedrooms, one private en-suite bathroom, separate lounge room, fully equipped kitchen, separate bathroom, backyard with BBQ facilities, reverse cycle air conditioning, wood heater flat-screen TV, DVD and CD player, lounge room opens out onto a covered verandah, ceiling fans, backyard with BBQ facilities
Two-Bedroom Rose Cottage
- Queen beds
- Standard occupancy: Four people
- Two double bedrooms, one private en-suite bathroom, separate lounge room, fully equipped kitchen, separate bathroom, backyard with BBQ facilities, reverse cycle air conditioning, wood heater flat-screen TV, DVD and CD player, lounge room opens out onto a covered verandah, ceiling fans, backyard with BBQ facilities
The Area: Yarra Valley
One of Australia’s premier wine-growing regions, the Yarra Valley is climbing with striking grapevines, ferny bushland and magnificent mountain ranges. Charming local produce stands dotted along roadsides, boutique restaurants and unique attractions give the area an intimate atmosphere and instantly make visitors feel right at home.
Visitors looking to experience nature at its best take a trip to the forests of the Dandenong Ranges and wander through ferny mountains and lush gullies to enchanting natural wonders like Sherbrooke Forest, Doongalla Homestead and One Tree Hill or the peak of Mount Dandenong for panoramic city views.
Vino lovers wine hop between cellar doors and sample the best the reds and whites Yarra Valley has to offer, either driving themselves or jumping aboard one of the many organised wine tours available. Foodies please their palates sampling local produce at the numerous fine dining restaurants and charming cafes.