The Hotel: Clifftop at Hepburn
Travellers who value distinct design, tranquillity, and, most of all, indulgent retreat, need to look no further. Seamlessly blending high-end architecture and luxury amenities with native bushland views, Clifftop at Hepburn makes for a great escape spot, whether it is a romantic weekend, girlfriends’ get-together or just a few days away with friends. This other-worldly property has gained recognition in Cia Magazine by Windsor Dobbin, Postcards TV Show, the Interiors Addict, and the Age Travellers, and won awards like Master Builder’s Award, Australia’s No.1 Romantic Accommodation 2017 Stayz, Australia’s No.1 Romantic Getaway 2017, to name just a few.
Celebrating their getaway in style, sojourners can choose to stay in Traditional Villas – Serenity, Tranquility and Evoke – or Shipping Container Villas which are named after Paris, Rome Venice, and Vienna. Designed by local architect Robin Larsen, each one pays tribute to uncommon design and boasts luxury amenities, yet still has its own charm.
- Maximum occupancy: four people
- The villas feature two bedrooms, two bathrooms, kitchen and laundry facilities, couple’s spa and shower, indoor daybed, deck with a daybed, Bose, and Spotify
- Evoke Villa: LOTR pinball, airbrushed street art, and two-storey outdoor deck
- Serenity Villa: massage chair, airbrushed street art, and couple’s nest daybed
- Tranquility Villa: 1,400 arcade games, massage cube, and pergola with a swing
Shipping Container Villas
- Maximum occupancy: two people
- These villas have one bedroom, one bathroom, and a kitchenette each and feature fireplaces, floating daybeds, Bose, Spotify, sheer glass floors, mood lighting, TVs, PS4 with games, and outdoor fountains
- Paris Villa: massage chair, Blackwood bath, and Matt Adnate mural
- Venice Villa: waterfall shower, Road Runner diner, and Original Rone mural
- Rome Villa: Star Wars Pinball, Blackwood bath, and Matt Adnate mural
Vienna Villa: 75-inch QLED TV, waterfall shower, and Road Runner diner
- TripAdvisor: 5 / 5
The Area: Hepburn Springs, VIC
A resort town studded with Heritage-listed mineral springs, Daylesford-neighbouring Hepburn Springs offers its visitors a serene environment designed for shedding the stresses of everyday life. Boasting a heritage diversified by its earliest settlers, Hepburn Springs is a cultural melting pot of descendants of 19th-century miners from around the world and Swiss-Italian enthusiasts who became enamoured and never left.
Immerse tired minds, bodies and souls in the carefree charms of Hepburn Springs, such as the nearby Mineral Springs Reserve, with its history-steeped legacy preserved thanks to the locals’ efforts. Native icons include Hepburn Bathhouse, established in the late 1800s, and Hepburn Pool.
Swiss and Italian vestiges continue to enrich the region through many of the mineral springs, buildings and notably, the spiced beef, pork and garlic flavours of the local delicacy, the bull boar sausage. Explorers drop into nearby Daylesford for additional dining options and shop-scouring.