Leave the city behind and hop on the Evolution vessel to speed through the waves for an adventure-packed day. This full-day tour heads for the Outer Great Barrier Reef, one of the world’s most renowned natural wonders.
Once there, participants can enjoy their certified or introductory dive session to snorkel up the marine game under the watching eye of the experienced instructors. Five hours of free time provides the fun lovers with plenty of time to explore the area on their own, while the gourmet buffet lunch and a free glass of wine allow recharging the batteries.
- 7.15am – 7.45am: Check-in at the Reef Fleet Terminal – 1 Spence St, Cairns
- 8.00am: Evolution departs Cairns to its first location
- 11.30am: Enjoy a BBQ buffet lunch onboard
- 1.00pm: Evolution arrives at its second location
- 3.00pm: Evolution departs for Cairns
- 4.30pm: Evolution arrives back in Cairns
- Helicopter flights to and from our exclusive Heli-Pontoon on the Outer Reef
- Up to three certified or introductory dives available per day
What to bring
- Sunscreen and hat
- Travel voucher
- Spare clothes
- Swimmers and a towel
- Cash or credit card for bar and souvenir purchases
- Australian standard dive medical (if required)
- Medical conditions and age restrictions apply for all passengers participating in scuba diving
- All divers must complete a Medical Questionnaire; please be aware that certain medical conditions (eg asthma, heart disease, diabetes) and/or prescription medication may preclude some people from diving
- Minimum age for diving is 12 years
The Area: Cairns, QLD
Cairns is a vibrant, cosmopolitan city nestled between the sea life of the Great Barrier Reef and the rolling downs of the Atherton Tablelands. As the gateway to the wet tropics, the city buzzes with a lively mix of travelers, from backpackers to luxury-seekers keen to soak up the sun. As night falls, the wide streets come alive with bars, galleries and seafood restaurants enticing diners by the waterside.
Snorkel, dive or simply recline on a glass-bottomed boat to admire the breathtaking wonders of the Great Barrier Reef. Take a luxurious day trip to Port Douglas, an hour’s drive north, to dine on succulent seafood and shop in fashion boutiques. Walk among the towering ancient trees and lush greenery of the World Heritage Daintree rainforest, keeping an eye out for brilliantly coloured butterflies and rare tropical birds; or marvel at enormous prehistoric reptiles in one of the region’s crocodile parks.
Closer to home, take a stroll down the Esplanade to find countless dining options and interesting shops. By night the same stretch comes alive with the Night Markets, where clothes, trinkets and Australian keepsakes are all up for grabs. Spend days simply soaking up the tropical sun on the beach, splashing about in the water when the heat gets too much.